23 January 2010

Here, There, Everywhere

I beat it up with fists, I fell into a fit
I fought that fight, with all my might.
I wanted peace, I wanted joy
This anger stood, in my way of life.
I took it all, unfolded on itself
It refused to sway, did not give way.

A blind person walked, towards an abyss
I forgot the fight, jumped to keep him alive.
He thanked me, tears in his eyes
The love that trickled, flowed too from my eyes.
The anger was gone, I was smeared in delight
Amazed by the man, who had just saved my life.

Protecting my tiny self, looking away from all else
Full of discontent, becoming anger without an end.
A tap on my shoulder, I turned around
"We all are in need", came the longing sound.
Anger paused, glanced around
Melting to compassion, as it hit the ground.

Standing in light, facing away from the Sun
I fought and I fought, but the shadows did not run.
I turned around with wounded eyes
to only be filled with wondering surprise.
What I was fighting, did not exist.
The compassion outside was the anger within

How often have I wasted, this oh so! precious life!
In fighting the darkness, when all that I needed, was Light