31 March 2009

Caterpillar

Seeking safety
Desiring freedom
Holding on tightly
Struggling to let go.

Turn into a butterfly,
I watched mesmerized,
A caterpillar
whose beauty I didn't know.

Did the caterpillar know
of the butterfly?
Or did the cocoon whisper
softly, that it could fly?

The desire of a caterpillar
a butterfly is not
It knows nothing of it
It is not its thought

Can I then be
Without wanting to be?
I am not that
Which I want to be

But I am a human
Not a caterpillar
I can think
Which wants me to be?

My surrender
Is just another thought
Another desire
Waiting to be

Whatever I do
Is to become
A dream it seems like
The possibility to be

Perhaps in the awareness
Of becoming, is the being
Maybe there can be freedom
From the illusion of the unseen

Endlessly, I keep moving
Thinking I will arrive.
Knowing not that reaching
Is nothing but the end of strive