20 March 2009

Who Am I?

In an ocean’s reflection
A snowflake surrendered
A droplet trickled,
inspired a stream

The stream surrendered,
became a a mighty river
The river which then roared
bursting through the seams

She strode forcefully through the mountains
Meandered through the longing planes
Bathe her self through sparkling falls
Playfully passed by shimmering rocks

She laughed her way on and on
Oblivious to the gain or loss
Abiding in her own true self
Finding her way back to herself

I am the snowflake that can't let go
Holding tightly to my piece of ice
Convinced of what perils do lie
On a journey to which I never arrived

I seek not courage
I seek no ocean
What is this fear that keeps me frozen?
Perhaps I await a warm summer
to ignite the heat of an easy surrender?

I can't let go until I know
What it is that I will find
Upon the end of that
Which today for me stands well defined

On and on I keep on going
Perplexed by my own efforts
Incessant questioning and an endless strife
Imprisoned within my own desires

In such misery I looked around
Many others struggling I found
Same grievance, similar pain
Oh! How hard to remain the same

My heart swelled, reached out to all
I understand your suffering, was my call
I closed my eyes and looked inside
To seek an answer to another's delight

I witnessed the river then join the ocean,
The stream giving the river embrace
The trickling droplet that made it happen
The tiny snowflake that led the way...